Samahita Retreat - Newsletter February 2010
A new lunar year has begun, often called the Chinese New Year. Year of the Tiger opens up to us. I have always found this new year to represent a true beginning and energy change. All of us at Samahita Retreat, would like to wish you all the best for each day that opens up in this new year.
For Your Day
Our credo here has always been to open each day with
- Gratitude - a true acknowledgement and appreciation of all in your life, taking nothing for granted.
- Forgiveness - heal yourself, lighten your load, by both asking for and offering up forgiveness to others. Even if you may never see them again the true intention in your heart will bring about a healing.
- Humility - a sincere cry from within for help in this life, to cultivate a clear, calm mind, kindness, an inner strength. Compassion, care and love are its natural results. An earnest request for guidance is always answered.
Impact your day and life with just a few minutes of this contemplation. Make it yours, personal and intimate.
For Your Learning
We have a small selection of articles on yoga and more up online. The latest addition is a philosophical article with a practical and experiential understanding to the topic of Pratyahara.
Both yoga and health related articles are added periodically.
Recently at Samahita Retreat
Tiwariji was with Paul once again for his final formal teaching (for now) before retiring into personal practice in the Himalayas for the next year. We look forward to welcoming him back in spring of 2011.
In the News
Samahita Retreat was recently featured in the news section of the Jerusalem Post. A fabulous article based on personal experience with the professional journalist's pen to add.
The new Taschen Book, Great Yoga Retreats, features Samahita Retreat.
For You at Samahita Retreat
The nature is incredible and the food is great but it's the opportunity for personal growth and development that makes it unique here. We continue to grow our Training Programs and Wellness modules with an aim to be a valuable resource to all guests and students.
- Pranayama training with Paul, August 1 - 21. This is a unique three-week course, blessed by Tiwariji, for students who have already studied Pranayama with us here. This course is currently on waiting list.
Detox and Wellness courses:
We have developed a very thorough and supportive detoxification program. It runs on a residential basis so you can book it for any dates that suit you.
Many of these treatments and therapies can also be followed in one of our Wellness Residential Programs which allow you to still indulge in the delicious food.
Yoga and Your Health Retreats held a few times during the year with our Wellness Director, Claudia.
7-Day Detox and Yoga Retreats also held a few times during the year with our Wellness Director, Claudia.
These are a great opportunity to both heal and cleans yourself while also learning practical applications to keep up in your daily life.
- Richard Freeman, July 24 - 31 (though already full)
Ongoing Retreats and Programs:
On weeks other than all these above are our usual offering of retreats with Paul and other teachers at Samahita Retreat, Elonne, Claudia, Sara.
If you can only come on your own fixed time then it's just as easy to reserve through the residential program where there is two yoga classes each day along with the great food. You can also add any of the wellness offering to it.
Paul's Travel in 2010
Paul gets around a bit this April, May and October.
Make some time for practice, even if it is only 10 minutes.
Take some time for yourself in your life.
And hopefully our paths will cross, either here or there.
Peace, love and Om
Paul and Jutima, Namaste