Continuing Education Training Course
Advanced Anatomy Module 1
Anatomy & Physiology of Vinyasa
- Effects on the Circulatory & Lymphatic Systems -
January 12 - 26, 2008
With Paul & Neil
About the Retreat
This is the first in a series of advanced anatomy and physiology workshops aimed specifically at dedicated yoga practitioners and teachers, with a focus on Vinyasa and Ashtanga. This series will deepen your knowledge and appreciation of this complete and scientific approach to asana, allowing you to understand how the system impacts the physical body uniquely preparing it for the deeper subtle practices of Pranayama.
The more you understand the science of asana practice the more you will appreciate and value your time on the mat. This ultimately serves to empower and deepen your devotion to your practice and the tradition from which it stems.
If already teaching, this series will enhance your ability to communicate physical and energetic benefits confidently to your students.
Knowledge is power. Accordingly, all practitioners and teachers at some stage of their development will require an exploration of these concepts for continual personal and professional evolution.
This first workshop will explore in-depth, the relationship between Ashtanga Vinyasa and its effects on the Circulatory & Lymphatic Systems.
You will explore in detail:
- Basic anatomical terms relating to mechanics of movement.
- Review of the deep inner and outer core musculature.
- Review of the anatomy and physiology of respiration.
- In depth overview of the anatomy and physiology of the Circulatory System.
- In depth overview of the anatomy and physiology of the Lymphatic System.
- The applied kinesiology and mechanics of Vinyasa, and specific techniques for developing jump back and jump through.
- A detailed exploration of inversions and their effects on the Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems.
In addition to this, you will:
- Be immersed in yogic living and in the company of like-minded individuals.
- Have the opportunity to deepen your personal practice under the senior tutelage of Neil Barker and Paul Dallaghan.
- Deepen and further your understanding and personal experience of Pranayama.
For those students working toward the Yoga Alliance 500 Hour or the Centered Yoga 1000 Hour Accreditation, this is one of the compulsory modules and as such you will have the opportunity to review and refine your adjustment techniques. Please check on www.centeredyoga.com for more details on applying for the continuing education training.
Our guestrooms are set back just over 50 meters from the water to provide you with a private community and greater security. Most of our rooms open up to a spectacular seaview looking direct to the beach and the coconut trees.
The rate is inclusive of:
- Full yoga program
- Fully equipped accommodation with AC
- Full brunch and dinner buffets
- Mineral drinking water
- Herbal steam room
- Salt water swimming pool
- Wi Fi internet
- Service charge
- VAT government tax
Thank you and we look forward to you joining us.